Elements Behavioral Health Program Nurse in Wimberley, Texas
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) completes client admissions and screenings, administers and stocks medication, develops treatment plans and provides nursing care. This position also manages medical record documentation and supervises subordinate staff.
- Completes client admission process including assessment of client's physical and psychological status during intoxication, withdrawal and stabilization.
- Monitors and documents client progress and makes required referrals to physician or emergency services including crisis intervention.
- Develops individual client treatment plans and provides input regarding clients' needs, performance and progress, and provides client health education.
- Provides nursing care including vital signs, administering of and noting response to medication, first-aid, specimen collection for labwork, and infection control/assessment.
- Completes and maintains all documentation such as medication records/reports, progress notes, client files, charting logbooks, chart audits, and inventories of medical supplies.
- Receives and transcribes doctor orders.
- Supervises subordinate staff.
- Valid LVN license from state of employment.
- LVN certification, AA or BS in related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in healthcare.
- Venipucture and TB skin testing experience, current CPR, AED and first aid.
- Experience in addiction, mental health and behavioral health preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills.
- CPR/First Certification required at time of hire or obtained within the required number of days after start of employment.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled