Catholic Health Initiatives Certified Medical Assistant II in THE WOODLANDS, Texas
Certified Medical Assistant II
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant
II is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and
wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests
such as: measures blood pressure,
records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as
directed by established clinical protocols.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and
Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood
pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and
current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and
prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- May Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection,
topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure
completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by
phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep
patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items
according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the
medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice
manager or healthcare provider(s).
Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
Perform other duties as assigned by
practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare
Education / Accreditation /Licensure :
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant programpreferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support(ACLS) required.
- 4years Medical Assistant experience required
Job Clinical Support
Primary Location TEXAS-THE WOODLANDS-ST LUKE WOODLANDS
Daily Schedule Full-Time
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0169252
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.