Stryker Regional Field Trainer in Texas
5900 Optical Court
San Jose, CA 95138
t: 408.754.2000 f : 408.754.2505 Endoscopy
Position: Regional Field Trainer
EEO Code: 4-1
Date Revised: December 4th, 2015
The following is not intended to represent an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities, but to outline the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the position.
Supports the daily operations of the training team and their respective region with a specific focus on new hire education and implementation support. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Ensures effective surgical care to patients as related to Stryker Endoscopy equipment.
• Supports regional operations focusing on implementation support and on the job training/education
• Effectively builds and maintains relationships and trust in both new and existing accounts
• Provides new hire training and continuing education to specialists within the region
• Supports the timely and effective onboarding of newly hired specialists
• May be responsible for assessing and reporting new hire competency
• Supports the Implementation of new accounts by providing new hire training and coverage
• Provides upstream implementation support with planning, recruiting, interviewing, and final preparation activities prior to go live date for a new customer account
• Provides temporary team lead responsibilities during implementations while account is being staffed, which includes scheduling, account introduction, conflict resolution, and other onboarding functions
• May provide standard account coverage when not committed to training or implementation support
• Maintains strong relationships and communication within their region
• May periodically support new hire training at the Houston Training Center
• Supports regional and national continuous improvement initiatives and projects
• Interacts with surgeons, patients, OR personnel, Central Processing, Sales Reps, O.R. Management, Implementation Project Manager(s), Hospital Administration, and other Stryker employees and partners.
• Communicates injuries, reportable occurrences and performance feedback to Regional Supervisor
• Observes best practice utilization in accounts and communicates to RQA and SupervisorAdheres to all policies and procedures put forth in the sales code of conduct.
• College Degree Preferred
• Operating Room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and techniques.
• Must have proven performance in coverage capabilities in Full Service, SPD, OR support accounts
• Must have proven competency in on the job training
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Must be able to travel and support newly implemented accounts for an extended period of time
• Up to 75% overnight Travel Required
• Must be able to review printed materials.
• Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
• Must be able to communicate telephonically.
• Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, fax machine, etc.).
• Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
• Must be able to generate and explain detailed forecasts, guidelines and procedures.
• Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine product issues using independent judgment.
• Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent equipment problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent Leadership skills
• Demonstrates professional work ethic and attitude at all times.
• Respects patient confidentiality.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 100%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com