HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Post Operative Unit in Texas City, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aRegistered Nurse (RN) PRN to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
*_HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas City, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Post Operative Unit_* PRN
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainlandhas been an integral part of Galveston County for more than 60 years. We offer 223 beds and services in emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, physical therapy, radiology, total joint replacements, hyperbaric medicine diagnostic/imaging services and wound care facilities.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainlandis affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Post-Op Nursing and managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains competency in performing all skills outlined in the Post-Op Nursing competency skills list.
- Participated in activities to plan, measure, assess, and improve the quality of patient care. Will participate in peer review and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for direction of emergent care in a crisis situation in a calm, knowledgeable manner.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as appropriate.
- Maintains clear and respectful communication with patients, family, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible to know and conform to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Board's rules and regulations as well as all federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations affecting the RN's current area of nursing practice.
- Responsible to report unsafe nursing practice by an RN which a nurse has reasonable cause to suspect has exposed or is likely to expose a client unnecessarily to risk of harm as a result of failing to provide client care that conforms to the minimum standards of acceptable and prevailing professional practice. The RN should report unsafe practice conditions or other practitioners to the appropriate authority or licensing board.
- Responsible to clarify any order or treatment regimen that the nurse has reason to believe is inaccurate, non-efficacious or contraindicated by consulting with the appropriate licensed practitioner and notifying the ordering practitioner when the RN makes the decision not to administer the medication or treatment.
- Adheres to and complies with HCA Code of Conduct as part of our Ethics and Compliance Program. Attends annual training sessions.
What qualification you will need:
- One year of acute care experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN is preferred.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS Certification required. HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Post Operative Unit
Location: Texas-Texas City-HCA Houston Mainland
Requisition ID: 06218-118204