Sunny Springs Nursing Center Laundry Aide Day shift in Sulphur Springs, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
The Laundry Aide will Perform day-to-day activities of the laundry department to ensure provision of quality laundry service compliance in accordance to Federal, State and Local ordinance and regulations. Ensures the environmental and linen cleanliness and sanitation for resident safety comfort and convenience.
• Performs a variety of general housekeeping/cleaning duties in various areas to maintain the center in a sanitary, safe, attractive, and orderly condition; Performs all general laundry duties.
• Coordinates inventories of clothing and personal items brought in with new residents and marks with proper identification.
• Coordinates picking up brutes with soiled linen from each wing throughout shift; Prepares articles for washing by unbuttoning, turning pockets out, and unrolling sleeves; Sorts soiled laundry into appropriate loads for washing.
• Coordinates standard washing procedures to add soap solution and other chemicals to wash.
• Coordinates drying of linens and resident’s clothing in dryer.
• Coordinates pressing of garments; Checks condition of linens for worn spots or tears; Folds linen and returns sufficient amount of linen to clean linen room on each wing for needs of day; Distributes laundry to appropriate resident.
• Ensures clothing is returned to residents following laundry services; Reports unmarked clothing to social services department; Disposes of unmarked clothing left in laundry.
• Maintains equipment used in performing duties; Cleans washers and dryers, cleans dryer lint filters every two hours, and soap dispensers at end or near end of shift; Brushes spillage from floor into drain; Cleans brutes and replace liners daily as assigned.
• Monitors and replenishes cleaning products as required; Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies; Uses industrial cleaning equipment and products.
• Knowledge and ability to demonstrated understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
• Makes recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
• Works with residents, nurses, physicians, department leaders and other staff members regarding laundry services requests, infection prevention, service resolution opportunities, and other interdepartmental matters. Provides timely follow-up for information to requesting departments.
• Receives assignments from supervisor and follows cleaning schedule as outlined for housekeeping department to clean work space, entrances and exits, utility areas, closets, lounges, lobbies, halls, etc.; Performs emergency housekeeping.
• Follows work assignments from supervisor and performs assignments from supervisor, not limited to, cleaning lint from dryers, vents and registers in resident rooms and other areas; Keeps grounds cleared of debris; Cleans, dusts, washes, and disinfects all fixtures, floors, walls, doors, and ceilings, as required; Changes slip covers, scarves, doilies, etc. when soiled and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion; Cleans ledges, shelves, vents, windows, window sills, etc.
• Supports the housekeeping/laundry department by fulfilling vacant positions as needed by the center.
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or assigned at any time with or without notice.
• High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
• One year’s work experience in a commercial establishment with knowledge of laundry/housekeeping procedures.