Generations Federal Credit Union Service Specialist (Full Time) - Schertz in Schertz, Texas
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Generations Federal Credit Union to live out its Mission, Do the Right Thing, by providing remarkable service to both external members and internal members. Responsible for all member service requests within the branch. Performs a variety of routine daily transactions for members including assisting members with service requests, performing non-cash transactions when not on the teller line, assisting and educating members on delivery channels with a focus on eServices and the Retail Service Center as well as other account maintenance and finance operation functions.
- Responsible for all member service requests within the branch. Performs a variety of routine daily transactions for members including assisting members with service requests, performing non-cash transactions when not on the teller line, assisting and educating members on delivery channels with a focus on eServices and the Retail Service Center as well as other account maintenance and finance operation functions.
- Responsible for ensuring each and every member is provided with exceptional service levels, that members fully understand our products and services and that we educate our members about and refer members to our Member Specialists for their financial needs when appropriate.
- Performs teller duties when scheduled on the teller line. Adheres to the daily schedule at the branch but is also flexible to support the branch needs when directed by leadership. Completes transactions with accuracy and efficiency and ensures an exceptional member experience with every member interaction.
- Assists members with basic account requests, including account maintenance, opening accounts and cross selling eServices, as appropriate. Engages Member Specialist as needed and ensures smooth handoff and transition of member to Member Specialist.
- Advocates for the member and acts as a liaison with all internal departments, branch leadership and Retail Service Center when necessary. Uses sound judgment when making decisions and seeks additional input when appropriate. Shares scenarios with team and member stories with the branch team during huddles and branch meetings as learning experiences and to drive consistency when helping advocate for our members.
- Effectively executes Lobby Leadership duties as needed. Ensures consistency with Lobby Leadership and supports the exceptional member experience with every interaction.
- Fully maximizes partnership with Retail Service Center, especially the Specialized Service team to help support member needs, inquiries, and problem resolution. Utilize partnership to help with time management and availability within the branch.
- Understand and adheres to all policy and procedures. Keeps updated on changes and takes ownership to understand and implement any changes when performing daily tasks and duties.
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding all components on individual scorecard (both metrics and behaviors) and contributes to achieving branch goals/targets including any special campaigns or initiatives.
- Participates actively in supporting an inclusive and diverse environment, speaks openly, shares and escalates feedback, opinions and thoughts and leads by example putting the member first.
- Leads by example by supporting the corporate mission, our cultural values and managing diversity and inclusion. Escalates concerns and shares thoughts and ideas with the Retail Sales Manager, Retail Support team and Senior Leaders.
- Responsible for performing and ensuring duties related to opening and closing of branch, both lobby, drive up and all other areas, are executed properly with security and safety as primary focus. Performs duties for opening/closing as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Must have a High School diploma or equivalency.
Must have a minimum of one (1) year of financial institution experience or related retail sales experience. Must be extremely accurate with all transactions. Teller experience preferred.
Must have the following skills and/or abilities:
- Must have an outgoing, sales-oriented personality.
- Must be customer service oriented, and must be able to work well under pressure.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred.
Must be flexible in work schedule to include Saturdays and to rotate within branch network.
Must be able to:
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Climb, stoop, and/or kneel.
- To deliver service that is in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises:
- Treat members with a positive attitude.
- Listen to and fully understand the members’ needs.
- Offer solutions that meet the members’ needs
- Take ownership of the Member Experience provided.
- Give and receive feedback for improvement.
- Continually learn for the benefit of the member.
Meets all established sales and service goals.
Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.
Location: Schertz, Texas
Location Name: In-Store: Schertz Branch
Position Type: Full time
Wage: Depends on Experience