BCD Travel Sourcing Manager in San Antonio, Texas
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take you?
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager to join our dynamic team within our Life Sciences Division. In this role, you will act as the sourcing lead and first point of contact with your client. You will guide your client through the sourcing process, add insights and value to help them make an informed decision, contract the hotel compliantly and efficiently and create an initial meeting budget. If you are someone who has mastered the art of managing multiple priorities at once then read on!
- Act as the initial main point of contact for your client, and ensure all milestones are clearly communicated and met. Be consultative in your approach. Afterall, you an expert in hotel sourcing and contracting!
- Create, send and review a Request for Proposal (RFP) for client meeting needs. Be thoughtful in your hotel choices and recommendations, keeping customer satisfaction, value and compliance top of mind.
- Contract selected hotels using client-specific methods and templates.
- Build an accurate initial meeting budget to present to the client and pass along to the Meeting Planner.
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with all hotel & vendor partners.
- Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and integrity in everything you do.
You're good at:
- Communicating with clients. You have the ability to own the room and convey confidence, knowledge of best practices in sourcing and a professional presence at first impression and on-going.
- Communicating and negotiating with vendors. You have knowledge of sourcing best practices and keep abreast of new destination options, well-priced seasonal destination options and "hot date" offerings.
- Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Establishing long lasting, professional relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors.
- Cvent, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
You might also have:
- A college degree from a 4-year institution.
- 3+ years in a sourcing/purchasing role
What we offer you
- A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
- Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the world's most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the world, BCD M&E's team of 1,500+ people are committed to driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- BCD Travel Jobs