USAA Software Developer-Integrator in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Software Developer & Integrator II for San Antonio, Texas Campus.
Participates in the planning, execution and delivery of complex business projects. Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost. Leads, defines and manages projects and project plans to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature, guiding them in the development and delivery of their work product.
*ABOUT USAA *
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products
- Provides insight to management on issues
- Manages budgets on the medium to high range of project budgets
- Ensures achievement of business goals and objectives by proactively communicating with project stakeholders
- Facilitates development of project plans related to schedule, budget, scope and resources.
- Monitors project execution to deliver incremental business value
- Understands each project's critical path activities and proactively manages those to project's benefit
- Collaborates on creative alternatives to project challenges
- Partners to drive adoption and challenge standards
- Leads subject matter experts to resolve project challenges
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree.
- AND 2 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s) i.e., Business Intelligence, Mobile, Web, Java, etc.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience developing technologies to support front end applications using any of the following technologies: Java, Create Rest API, Database/Hadoop, Git, Python experience, Junit, JBoss
- Familiar with CI
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000+ employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/22/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Software Developer-Integrator TX-San Antonio R0020763