University of Texas at San Antonio Senior Grant Development Coordinator in San Antonio, Texas
Title of Position Senior Grant Development Coordinator
Requisition Number BES20180582P
Department Posting Name College of Business
Location Main Campus
Recruitment Type External
Position Type This is an Administrative & Professional (A&P), benefits eligible, position.
Grant Funded? No
Hours per week 40
If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Nights and weekends may be required to meet university/departmental needs.
If Temporary, Ending Date
Recruiting Rate $60,000 - $80,000 (depending on education and experience)
Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes
Pay Basis Salary
Required Education Master's Degree
Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No
Preferred Education Doctoral Degree
Field of Study
Preferred: Masters or Doctoral degree in a field served by the UTSA College of Business: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems and Cyber Security, Management, Management Science and Statistics, or Marketing.
MS Office Experience Required Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? Yes - Marginal Function
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Experience and Other Skills Required
Five years of professional experience in developing and writing proposals for external funding.
At the department’s discretion a doctoral degree may substitute for three years of the required experience.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? Other-Per Job Description
Other Skills Preferred
Similar experience in higher education. Knowledge of UT System rules and regulations. Certified Research Administrator (CRA).
Description of Job Duties
- Researches, identifies, and analyzes grant-making organizations.
- Coordinates resources and personnel in order to develop highly competitive research proposals and/or contracts for the College of Business (COB).
- Works with COB faculty and staff to identify external support sources for scholarly activities and develop strategies and ideas.
- Conducts grantsmanship editing and review; reviews budgets (as they pertain to project scope) and makes suggestions; tracks proposals through submission, review, and award process.
- Develops and maintains relationships with faculty, staff, and outside funding agencies.
- Assists with the formation of transdisciplinary, multidisciplinary and/or otherwise collaborative research teams.
- Assists faculty and staff in preparing and submitting progress reports required by grant-making organizations.
- Creates Institutional/College templates for use by investigators.
- Conducts training and workshops for COB faculty, staff and other relevant groups.
- Gathers data, monitors and prepares reports related to college-level sponsored project productivity.
- Maintains college Research Support website.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Open Date 11/09/2018
Posting Close Date at midnight on 11/29/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Notes To Applicants
-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
-Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
-This position may require nights and weekends to meet university/departmental needs.
-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.