MV Transportation Driver in San Antonio, Texas
Now Hiring Drivers*Drive into a Great Career with MV Transportation!*
MV Transportation is currently seeking safe, reliable Drivers to provide freedom of mobility for the elderly and disabled members within our community. We are looking for compassionate individuals with a desire to help other people!
- Drug free workplace.
- Paid Training!!
- Room for growth/advancement.
- Benefits Package (after the qualification period). WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOMEMonday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pmLocation:9718 North Interstate Hwy 35, San Antonio, Texas 78233QuestionsPlease call: 210-382-6896
- Drive safely at all time.
- Provide friendly customer service.
- Assist riders on and off the vehicle.
- Secure mobility devices in the vehicle.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Effective English communication to include reading, writing, and speaking as well as interpersonal skills are needed
- Driving a vehicle for the transport of persons with disabilities.
- Drives vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Performs pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area.
- Stop at designated destinations per manifests to safely load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in boarding of passengers using a variety of wheelchair types or other mobility aids. Advises and supports passengers of rules and regulations and safety concerns when necessary.
- Completes and submits written reports concerning passengers' ridership, issues, vehicle mileages, and incidents.
- Reads and understands maps, policies, and procedures.
- Understands and carries out verbal and written instructions.
- Determine problems and facilitate solutions.
- Analyze changing situations in the field and provides timely solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service to individuals, caregivers and their families.
- Lifts/pushes the equivalent of 25 lbs. to negotiate individuals support needs when entering and exiting the vehicle.
- The ability to works flexible hours, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- The ability to develop and maintains good working relationships with internal and external customer base.
- Follow Emergency Procedure Guidelines for all emergent events.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a current and valid Driver's License with minimum of three (3) years driving record/history.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule, including evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Knowledge of the San Antonio streets and freeway network is a plus.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass DOT physical exam and on-going drug screening. We can put you in the road to a fulfilling career helping others!Apply online at: careers.mvtransit.com (Driver - San Antonio)
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Customer ServiceRetailTransportation
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 8/11/2019