HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Respiratory Therapy in San Antonio, Texas
Methodist Texsan Hospital is a full service acute care hospital specializing in cardiovascular and orthopedic services. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital’s 30 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the largest in the Methodist Healthcare network of hospitals and takes a team approach to providing excellent care for its patients. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency and is currently undergoing a significant expansion to better serve our community.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. Methodist Texsan was also the first Methodist hospital to receive certification from the Joint Commission in Hip and Knee Replacement and the HeartCare Center Distinction of Excellence from the American College of Cardiology. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses recognized the Intensive Care Unit at Methodist Texsan Hospital with the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence, one of only a few units in Texas to receive this award. The hospital has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. For more information on how to join this amazing place to work, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.comand select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations.
_ _ _Why join the Methodist Texsan team?_ * Nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A. * Received the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain Certification. * Recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. * Received the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. * Texsan has one of the largest Rehab programs in the South Texas. * Certified as a Bariatric Center of Excellence.
_We offer you a generous benefits package including:_ * Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance * Flexible Spending Accounts * Paid Time Off * Employee Discount Program * Employee Stock Purchase Program * Tuition Reimbursement * Student Loan Repayment Program _Why join the Northeast Methodist Hospital team?_ * Received the Honored with Mission: Lifeline BRONZE Quality Achievement Award from AHA * Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission * Texas Award for Performance Excellence * Received the nationally recognized Leap Frog's Group Safety Rating of A
_Your Role: _
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the daily operations of respiratory function and develops standards/criteria of care in compliance with regulatory agencies. *Essential Job Functions: *
- Prepares and maintains an annual operating and capital budgets. The Director will monitor monthly department operations reports and make appropriate adjustments as needed to meet department fiscal goals.
- Assures that personnel and students are appropriately oriented, trained and supervised to enhance the efficiency of operations and ensure quality patient care is provided. Provides in-service training to enhance proficiency of staff in providing skilled services for the patient.
- Ensures daily readiness of staff and department modalities for the patient, JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
- Develops and implements organizational policies and procedures for the department. Develops, implements, and monitors the Respiratory Therapy Department’s quality improvement program.
- Monitors and evaluates the use of services, facilities and staff to ensure effective use of resources, communicates recommendations and analysis of cost impact to budget regarding space, facilities, equipment, supplies and staffing levels.
- Coordinates respiratory care activities between Medical Directors, MHS facilities and Administrative functions.
_Minimum Education and Experience:_ * Baccalaureate degree in Respiratory Therapy or biological science is required or five years management experience. * Five years clinical experience required. Experience managing multiple facilities, desirable. _Minimum License and Certificates Required: _ * Texas Department of Health “Respiratory Care Practitioner” (RCP) license, National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) “Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Respiratory Therapy
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Texsan Hospital
Requisition ID: 26109-95297