USAA Compliance and Risk Testing Analyst II in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Compliance and Risk Advisor II for our testing team in San Antonio, TX or Remote facility.
The individual will be responsible for the following - review compliance and operational risk testing guidelines; independently create, execute and lead complex work assignments such as documenting compliance and operational risk test scripts; and support cross-functional teams in the implementation of compliance and operational risk solutions. The individual will also serve as a resource to less experienced team members on testing assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise-wide projects.
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact, and completes accurate risk assessments.
- Applies maturing knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Resolves issues and identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
- Offers recommendations and makes project related decisions within scope or work assignment.
- May perform tasks outside of own area of responsibility as appropriate.
- May review business documents and forms to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Identifies outstanding compliance issues and coordinates proper implementation of business requirements.
- Fosters cooperation and integration across organizational units.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Encourages or generates new ideas.
- Monitors and administers compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, and provides relevant information to the business.
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and requests.
- Conducts compliance assessments through self assessment program and examinations.
- May interact with regulatory agencies for moderately complex requests.
- Communicates actively with others, including those who are located remotely.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Two or more years compliance and/or audit work experience.
- Developing knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Developing knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Developing knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Developing knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Developing knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 2+ years business controls testing, compliance or audit related work experience.
- 2+ years financial services industry work experience.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and completing test plans to satisfy internal and regulatory expectations.
- Professional designation such as CAMS or CRCM or working towards these designations
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 07/15/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Compliance and Risk Testing Analyst II TX-San Antonio R0022755