HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Laboratory Assistant in San Antonio, Texas
Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan Clinical Laboratory Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience Laboratory Department Full Time - Day Shift Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Clinical Lab Assistant you will work under the supervision of the Lab Director and the lab supervisors. You will process specimens for the section, perform routine laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will set up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. As a Clinical Lab Assistant you will assist with ensuring all regulatory lab standards are met through following policies and procedures of the Hospital and accrediting regulatory agencies.
What you will do In This Role:
- As a Clinical Lab Assistant you will process specimens for the section.
- You will prepare blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepare specimens for transport to reference labs.
- You will understand laboratory methods, demonstrate knowledge of pathological process with correlation of disease state and test results.
- You will independently perform specimen processing and testing to include moderate complexity testing.
- You will set up instruments and perform basic equipment maintenance. Perform basic quality control as instructed, collect quality assurance data.
- You will perform clerical duties such as answering telephones, communicating verified test results by phone, typing procedures, performing data entry/retrieval as may be required, filing paperwork and slides, faxing documents, and assisting with inventory of supplies.
- You may perform phlebotomy, point-of-care and waived testing as designated.
- You will perform work in accordance with laboratory regulatory standards.
What Qualifications You Will Need: * You must haveHigh School diploma or G.E.D. * Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). * One year of Clinical Lab Assistant or related experience in a Clinical Laboratory to include prior experience with a variety of lab tests preferred
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 01578-110332