HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Central Sterile Processing Coordinator in San Antonio, Texas
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in ourSterile Processing department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Sterile Processing Coordinatorto join our team who will beresponsible for the provision of re-usable sterile products in all areas for use in the hospital. The Coordinator directs all activities in SPD, orienting and directing shift team members. The Coordinator ensures all SPD equipment & records are in compliance with governing agencies standards.
What you will do in this role:
- Coordinates personnel to work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for their employee’s output and conduct.
- Collaborates with physicians, Registered Nurses and Surgical Technicians to serve in support role within OR. Responsible for supplies, instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical cases
- Assesses process for distribution of sterilized supplies and coordinates with areas involved to improve frequency distribution and monitors for effectiveness
- Maintains Process Improvement and Sterile Processing Attendance Records.
- Maintains a safe work environment by setting standards for staff use of universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and appropriate monitors.
- Monitors productivity and quality and identifies areas for improvement. Completes competencies as defined by department/unit and/or clinical specialty area.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other health care team members.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have thorough knowledge of the principles of sterilization process and AAMI standards.
- Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (formerly NICHSPDP).
- Upon promotion or hire, certification is required within 12 months of promotion or hire date.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 240 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Central Sterile Processing Coordinator
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Requisition ID: 03132-110106