University of Texas at San Antonio Associate Athletics Communications Director in San Antonio, Texas
Title of Position Associate Athletics Communications Director
Requisition Number BES20180583P
Department Posting Name Athletics
Location University Heights
Recruitment Type External
Position Type This is an Administrative & Professional (A&P), benefits eligible, position.
Grant Funded? No
Hours per week 40
If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Occasional travel with teams as assigned. Availability on nights and weekends during seasons.
If Temporary, Ending Date
Recruiting Rate Up to $45,000
Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes
Pay Basis Salary
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No
Preferred Education Master's Degree
Field of Study
Prefer: Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or Sports Administration.
MS Office Experience Required Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? Yes - Marginal Function
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; Stat Crew software; Social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
Experience and Other Skills Required
Three years of experience in media relations, athletics communications or sports information.
Criminal Background Check (CBC) Know and understand policies of the NCAA, Conference USA and University of Texas at San Antonio. Write effectively with working knowledge of AP Style.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? No
Other Skills Preferred
Desktop publishing and design/layout skills. Knowledge and experience with baseball/softball scoring and Stat Crew input
Description of Job Duties
Function: Provide assistance with planning and implementing communications strategies as they relate to the goals and objectives of UTSA’s 17-sport NCAA Division I athletics program.
- Comply with policies of the NCAA, Conference USA and University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Prepare press releases, game notes and feature articles, and ensure content for assigned sports is maintained and accurate on athletics website.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with and distribute information to local, regional and national sport-specific media outlets.
- Manage social media accounts and display knowledge of latest trends and practices.
- Assist with coordination of design and use of graphics for assigned sports.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of terminology and statistics used in intercollegiate sports.
- Serve as on-campus media services host for intercollegiate athletics events and coordinate statistical and media coverage for those events.
- Responsible for digital media guide content, editing and design.
- Maintain department archival records and statistical files.
- Manage and maintain certain aspects of department’s annual budget
- Coordinate candidate search and supervise department’s work-study and/or volunteer staff.
- Serve as primary media contact in Director’s absence as requested.
- Assist with hosting duties for NCAA championship events.
- Assist with game management duties for home events.
- Maintain basic knowledge of all sports.
- Ability to create/update graphics using Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Sidearm Sports website client.
Posting Open Date 11/09/2018
Posting Close Date at midnight on
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Notes To Applicants
-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.