Valero Accounting Intern (On-going) in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Valero’s products fuel modern life and make a better future possible. Join a 40-year legacy of excellence and find your future with us! Exceptional students bring their game-day best to our internship program each year. This year, will it be you?
The Accounting On-going Internship is a rotational program that provides hands-on experience and allows you to apply accounting concepts and principles to develop the core competencies needed to succeed in a business environment. The internship will begin January 2021 and will continue for a minimum of one year. The goal of the Accounting On-going Internship program is to train, invest, and prepare students for future full-time employment in the industry.
Major Accountabilities depending on the Operational/Financial area which you may be assigned:
- Prepares monthly financial reports and account reconciliations.
- Processes payables and prepares month end accruals.
- Communicates with external vendors.
- Creates and maintains various accounting analysis.
- Assists with audit project planning and testing.
- Prepares tax returns and researches tax compliance (federal, state, sales & use, etc.).
- Responds to audit requests.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
Interns may be assigned to one of the following departments throughout the rotational internship:
- Bulk Finished Product Accounting
- Corporate Audit
- Corporate Tax Accounting
- Ethanol/Refining & Analysis
- International Products Accounting
- Inventory & Yield Accounting
- Sales & Use Tax Accounting
- Secondary Accounting
- Vendor Invoice Management & Analysis
- Wholesale Refined Products
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in Accounting required. * Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred. * Obtained at least 60 credit hours by the start of internship required. * Graduation dates of December 2021 through December 2023 required. * Able and willing to work 20-25 hours per week during the Fall/Spring semesters, including university breaks as needed required. * Able to work 40 hours per week during the summer required. * Candidate required to live within commuting distance to San Antonio, TX.
Please include the following in your resume:
Overall GPA and Major - Expected Graduation Date
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check, hair analysis drug screen, and pre-employment physical (if applicable).
About the Valero Intern Program
The Valero Intern Program fuels a broader company mission to develop reliable, affordable and sustainable energy through innovation, ingenuity and unmatched execution. When you join Valero, you can expect to work with teams that are inclusive and results-driven while celebrating every employee’s strengths and ideas.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Req ID: 210010H
- Valero Jobs