Schlumberger Inspection Helper in Prudhoe Bay, Texas
Location: Prudhoe Bay - United States
The Inspection Helper DRILCO is a starting position within our NDT group, where the employee will be supporting certified inspectors. Candidate will work under the supervision of a certified inspector. He/she will help prepare oil and gas tools and tubulars for inspection, including pressure washing, grinding, buffing with hand tools, as well as some other manual labor. Position works in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska on a two weeks on/ two weeks off rotation during the winter exploration season (December 2018 – April 2019)
This position is based in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and reports to a Field Service Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Navigate and utilize DRILCO Field Inspection Services Procedures Manual
- Understand Rig and Customer location operations and the inherent safety issues involved in each type of location
- Identify and understand the various down hole drilling tools and BHA components
- Identify and understand API, Premium and Super Premium Rotary Shouldered Connections
- Knowledge of common inspection specifications & standards utilized in the industry (API, DS-1)
- Safely operate and utilize DRILCO inspection vehicle(s), associated power equipment, and tools required during the inspection process.
- Familiar with Coils, Yokes, Black lights, Light Meter, Gages, Magnetic Indicators, Magnetic Particles - Wet/Dry, Liquid Penetrant - Visible/Fluorescent, EMI Tubular Inspection and Ultrasonic Inspection Equipment as required
- Utilize the various inspection techniques to locate, investigate, evaluate and properly disposition discontinuities and defects commonly found
- Develop the ability to perform the various field repair, maintenance and salvage services for used threaded connections
- Utilize basic computer skills to accurately complete all inspection services related documentation
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Comply with Company & Regulatory HSE, Quality and IT standards and policies
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required
- Complete pre-employment and annual visual acuity and color contrast vision examination
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Effective communication skills
- Comfortable in field environments and harsh conditions
- Alaska Residency preferred
- Eagerness to learn
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Successful applicants will be employed through a Schlumberger approved third-party contracting company and assigned to Schlumberger projects. In certain circumstances, contractors may be considered for direct employment by Schlumberger as vacancies arise, and according to performance.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.