Valero Manager Refinery Public Affairs in PORT ARTHUR, Texas
Supports and coordinates all interactions with the public for refineries in assigned area.
- Develops and manages local community investment program, as well as public relations, and government affairs agenda for assigned Valero refineries.
- Serves as key liaison with local government officials, agencies, and community leaders apprising them of issues of importance to Valero.
- Implements strategies and coordinate communications with key leaders to ensure our interests are represented.
- Creates communication materials including presentations and talking points for officials.
- Assesses public office candidates and make VALPAC political action committee recommendations for contribution consideration.
- Serves as a representative on civic and community organizations such the Chamber of Commerce identifies other resources to represent Valero when necessary.
- Manages involvement in community discussion forums including Community Advisory Panels and environmental groups. Evaluates need and develop strategy in response to public concerns.
- Represents Valero on key boards, civic groups, and industry related associations. Advocates Valero position and support of company values.
- Serves as the official company spokesperson with local media and other public entities.
- Negotiates with local governmental officials and other community leaders on certain matters as needed.
- Develops company internal and external local communications such as letters, newsletters., and/or social media, posts.
- Evaluates and approves the use of company name, logo, etc. by other companies.
- Leads special projects as defined by Plant Manager. This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required. * 10 years of community, media, and/or government relations experience required. * Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Public Relations or related field preferred.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Marketing %26 Supply/Wholesale/Trading/Transportation
Primary Location: US-TX-Port Arthur
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2020, 7:57:16 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 20001GI
- Valero Jobs