JPMorgan Chase Software Engineering in Plano, Texas
Internal Short Description
Investor Services within Corporate Investment Banking Technology is looking to hire a highly motivated, experienced and hands-on tech developer to join the Agency Lending Team to join the development team in Dallas. The successful candidate will be responsible for application design and development of core trading application- AVATAR.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
• Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Command of architecture, design and business processes Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
• Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users.
• Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business.
• Work with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs.
• Identify and partner with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt.
• Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
• Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
• Implement SRE frameworks to support global multi-cloud environments, and ensure the highest level of SLA through operational excellence
• Helps build live/ real-time and highly performing dashboards for the Central SRE team
• Helps on coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
• Provides support to drive the maturity of the software development lifecycle
• Provides quality control of engineering deliverables
• Provides technical consultation to product management
• Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to enterprise scale web platforms in cloud environment
• Provides support to develop & improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
• Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms
• Writes operation documentation and knowledge base of known issues with solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
• Minimum of eight (8) year's of application development experience in one of the following languages: Python, Java and/or SQL
• Experience with Java 8 and Caching Technologies
• Experience in design and architecture of software applications.
• Cloud based technologies
• In depth knowledge of OO design principles
• Excellent understanding of Spring/JDBC/JMS
• Experience of working on highly scalable & available systems
• Database experience in Oracle
• Testing frameworks (junit/mockito/jbehave/concordion)
• Performance and monitoring tools
• Continuous Integration & Delivery tools
• Messaging (JMS/MQ)
Agile build tools (maven, CI, TDD, etc)JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- JPMorgan Chase Jobs