Bank of America SAS Platform Administrator / Application Engineer in Plano, Texas
Participates in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Contributes to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes. May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations, as well as mentor junior band 5 Architect 1's. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7 or more years of architecture experience.
The SAS Platform Administrator provides operational enhancements, maintenance and support of the SAS GRID Platforms along with new analytic technologies being introduced. This includes providing platform security management, application and underlying infrastructure support (OS, Storage, SAS 9.4 EBI Applications, Web and Database) and ensuring processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives. The SAS Platform Administrator serves as liaison between the enterprise infrastructure support teams and risk business partners to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions in accordance with business requirements and objectives. The SAS Platform Administrator also ensures the platform is positioned for compliance with IT policies and standards and agreed upon service levels.
• Ensures the overall health of the SAS platform
• Applies maintenance releases, upgrades and hot fixes as required
• Designs solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the platform
• Designs, implements, and maintains platform security
• Performs platform capacity planning and management
• Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues.
• Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform
• Works effectively in both team member and individual contributor roles
· Drive ROI for LOB/Enterprise by managing an end to end solution that requires an analytical tool.
· Be able to translate a customer's business needs to a specific analytical solution.
· Have a firm understanding of the capabilities of the SAS analytical procedures and emerging enterprise analytic tools (i.e. Open-R, Salford, DataRobot, etc.).
· Be a thought-leader in the area of analytics/data science with respect to entity resolution as it pertains to the customer's mission.
· Be able to generate written documentation of all work performed and utilize Project Management techniques and tools to plan and monitor project progress
· Have a customer-focused demeanor, effective oral and written communication skills.
· Desired candidate will have 7+ years in an analytical role
Specific Technical Requirements:
· Firm understanding of SAS products, the skill set of team needed to support consulting needs.
· SAS EDI, SAS EBI, BASE SAS, Enterprise Miner, SAS MO, Forecast Server, Text Miner, Contextual Analysis, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Viya
· Hands on experience with Unix shell scripting, Open-R, Python, Docker, Kubernetes , Ansible, Salford, DataRobot, AWS, etc.
General Technical Skillsets:
• Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of production issues
• Assisting in development/maintenance of process automation
• Superior customer service skills
• Familiarity with Unix shell scripting and SAS Macro facility
• Ability to multi-task and address complex support issues in a mixed technology environment
Posting Date : 05/16/2018
Jacksonville, FL, BANK OF AMERICA OFFICE PARK, 9000 SOUTHSIDE BLVD BLDG 200,
Charlotte, NC, GATEWAY VILLAGE, 900 W TRADE ST,
Plano, TX, BUILDING A, 7105 CORPORATE DR,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.