Dr Pepper Snapple Group Regulatory Affairs Analyst in Plano, Texas
Regulatory Affairs plays an integral role in bringing new products to the market in the shortest possible period of time. Once marketed, the products must be maintained in the market in full compliance to local regulations. Regulatory Affairs has a key role to play in ensuring that our products are competitive with regard to claims, labeling, advertising in the consumer food, dietary supplement and beverage markets.
The primary role of the Regulatory Affairs Analyst is to ensure regulatory compliance, and support the launch of our marketed products as well as post market regulatory surveillance. This position is responsible for developing label copy for marketed products in the form of LIN development (Label Information Notes) including mandatory product label text, claims and nutritional information. Additionally, the analyst reviews information from government and technical sources relevant to our brands. Position includes development of finished product regulatory specifications and providing regulatory information and guidance to various business units and project teams.
Keurig Dr Pepper (NYSE: KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
- Ensure Regulatory compliance of our marketed products and regulatory maintenance (i.e. ingredient compliance, labeling, advertising, etc.) in accordance with local regulations, and other applicable legislation, while keeping our products competitive with regard to claims, labeling and advertising.
- Monitor Regulatory environment and be aware of changes to regulatory environment and participate in industry trade associations. Help identify impact of regulatory changes on products. Provide regulatory or technical information on our products or regulatory initiatives to external, and internal customers (i.e. Marketing, Legal, R&D)
- Ensure competitiveness of our products. Collaborate with and support the business partners to ensure that product claims and advertising are competitive, scientifically supportable and contribute to optimal marketing of products.
Provide regulatory support for launch of new products. Strategize, prepare, and review labeling for consumer studies and new products and/or claims. Ensure appropriate scientific support of all product claims to obtain the most competitive labeling possible.
Contribute to the company’s competitive advantage by keeping abreast of regulations, guidelines and policy changes, or local regulatory changes that may affect marketed products. Assist in anticipating changes to the regulatory environment to assess changes that may impact business.
- Ensure continued regulatory compliance of marketed products (in area of responsibility) with the local regulations, and all other applicable legislation by: Keep abreast of all product changes and other issues relating to the sale and distribution of marketed products and regular communication with colleagues (Marketing, R&D, QA, Legal, etc.), Support in creating labels, summaries, templates, etc., Review IPM briefing documents and portfolio reviews relevant to regulatory issues, Review and approve of all product labeling to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, and/or market authorizations, where applicable.
- Provide periodic and timely regulatory updates to the Manager Regulatory Affairs on proposed regulatory strategies; project initiatives.
Comply with all local and corporate SOPs. Manage all paper and electronic files and information management databases for responsible areas. Support the regulatory group in, improving and complementing systems, processes, tools to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies of the RA department. Build liaisons within division/departments on local and global levels.
Benefits built for you
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provideemployee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
University degree in a scientific field (B.S., Food Science, Biology Chemistry Toxicology, Nutrition,) required. M.S. preferred.
3 - 5 years of experience in Regulatory Affairs of a Consumer Products Company
Ability to creatively problem solve in the regulatory space
Strong ability to build collaborative relationships
Ability to prioritize and coordinate, with a great degree of flexibility. High level of attention to detail required.
Strong Communication and Influence Skills and External Presence Skills
Good knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, MS Access, Optiva).Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
Job: *Research and Development
Organization: *Beverage R&D
Title: Regulatory Affairs Analyst
Requisition ID: 1839497