USAA Manager Senior, Information Technology in Plano, Texas
Purpose of Job
Manager Senior, IT manages one or more analytical, business or technical support activities. Authorizes and influences the development and delivery of business solutions that enable optimal business performance. Provides and is accountable for technical leadership in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Leads and directs change management, process improvement, or technical support initiatives. Provides direction and analytical support and directs business plan development to execute initiatives. Advises senior management and provides high level consulting. This position is typically responsible for managing a team of employees engaged in one functional activity.
- HUMAN RESOURCES: First level people management responsibilities include hiring, termination, performance management and pay management. Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in expected behaviors and activities. Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and objectives. Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- DOMAIN: Operational Management (Day to Day): Accountable for the day to day operation of technical domain. Engages and involves all necessary USAA teams as appropriate. Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to ensure health and progress within respective domains. Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles. Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work unit, consistent with the organization’s mission, strategy and direction. Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Each manager is expected to manage and forecast unit level expenses which may include department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program, software and vendor expenses.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effectively manages relationships with customer and supporting teams during execution of unit responsibilities. Communicates appropriately with teams, customers, and peers through all communication channels. Follows up on critical issues in a timely manner.
- VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of domain objectives. May be responsible for vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation and technology contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of experience in a business, analytical or technology support function.
- 3 or more years as a team lead or manager in a relevant business function or technology environment.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with an industry Agile Framework (like SAFe or Lean).
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team of software engineers
Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 10/17/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.