Green Brick Partners Financial Analyst - Land - Green Brick Partners in Plano, Texas
The Financial Analyst - Land must believe in, practice and initiate all Green Brick Partners values set forth in an acronym we call HOME. They must be Honest, Objective, Mature and Efficient in how he or she approaches their role at Green Brick Partners.
As a land development and homebuilding organization, GRBK strives to reduce the inherent risk in purchasing and developing land. The Financial Analyst - Land plays an integral role in reducing this risk by aiding management in evaluating new land acquisitions/lot positions and monitoring the financial success of current land developments and builder lot option positions. The Financial Analyst - Land supports the Vice President of Asset Management to summarize their analyses and provide it to upper management to aid in making more informed decisions.
• Assists in deal analysis for land and lot pursuits as part of underwriting process, as directed by National Vice President of Land and Vice President of Asset Management.
• Calculates standard metrics, including internal rate of return and gross margin, on land developed by GRBK and builder lot option positions.
• Updates financial models prepared as part of underwriting process as requested post-acquisition.
• Assists in preparing analysis of lot supply by builder as requested.
• Assists in preparation for land committee approval meetings with upper management.
• Compile analyses to provide cash flow forecast information.
• Special projects and analyses as needed at management’s request.
Authority/Budget/Decision Making/Discretion and Independent Judgment Ability:
Utilizes discretion, judgment and high-level analytical skills to interpret complex deal analysis and modeling.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk for 4 hours straight or up to a full 8-hour day; sit for extended periods; kneel and bend at the waist; walk up and down stairs; walk on unlevel terrain; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
Location: Corporate office
Education/training: Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
Experience: Minimum one year experience in a financial analyst or similar role. Real estate industry experience preferred, but not required.
Competencies: Proficiency in MS Office programs, especially MS Excel. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Street: 2805 Dallas Parkway