HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II in Pearland, Texas
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Come be a part of the change! Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
At HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland, we feature specialists trained at top hospitals and each of our 250 employees shares the strength and experience of a powerful nationwide network. That means HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland isn’t just a neighborhood hospital, but we are an exceptional full-service 50 bed hospital that happens to be in your neighborhood. Our hospital provides expert emergency care, breast cancer screening, and cardiology services.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Pharmacy Technician II, *you be workingevenings 2:30pm - 10pm with occasional weekends. *You will be responsible for accurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs) and other specialized duties as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
* Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
* Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures. * Prepare Sterile products to include: chemotherapy/hazardous drugs,parenteral products, sterile eye drops, irrigation solution and other sterile products * Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule. * Controlled substances are accurately dispensed with proper documentation. * Counting discrepancies and suspected diversion is immediately brought to the attention of a pharmacist. * Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
* Assist in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations
What qualifications you will need:
- High school graduate or GED Required
- 3 months sterile product compounding experience, preferred
- 1 years of related pharmacy tech experience, required
- ASHP Sterile Preparation Institutional Training Certification or similar, preferred
- PTCB Certification, preferred
- Applicable State Board of Pharmacy Registration, required.
We believe excellent people make this excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II
Location: Texas-Pearland-HCA Houston Pearland
Requisition ID: 08750-23473