HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge (RN) IMCU in Pasadena, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Charge Nurse in the Intermediate Care Unit!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase and student loan repayment programs. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast - Pasadena, TX_
_Charge (RN) - Intermediate Care Unit_
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been serving the needs of Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds, a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of hospital services. For more information, visit www.HCAhoustonhealthcare.com
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For more information, visitwww.HCAGulfCoast.com
What you will do in this role:
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Serves as a role model displaying a positive attitude in a professional and courteous manner on a daily basis while performing job duties
- Makes assignments for team members based on level of experience and acuity of patients in the department.
- Ensures all staff have reviewed educational and policy updates provided by leadership team. Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
- Provides direct support to team members during all codes and critical patients.
- Monitors productivity throughout shift and makes necessary adjustments to staffing levels in order to maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Rounds on patients during the shift
- Supports and promotes manager and directors decisions and initiatives
- Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable patients.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical nursing as a registered nurse.
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Current NIH Stroke Scale
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team.
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge (RN) IMCU
Location: Texas-Pasadena-HCA Houston Southeast
Requisition ID: 00009-127094