Stephen F. Austin State University Student Assistant in Nacogdoches, Texas
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Position requires strict confidentiality.
Job Title Student Assistant
This is a student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
- Provides office assistance to the department by assisting staff in routine clerical duties and responsibilities.
- Provides assistance in answering phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing visitors to appropriate staff member.
- Assists in file and records maintenance.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities.
- Provides general information and/or training regarding project/program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office and clerical procedures and concepts.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records and files.
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
No direct experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and good customer service skills.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Number SA2021-011
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Open Date 01/11/2021
Review Start Date 01/11/2021
Posting Close Date
Work Schedule 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday -Friday
Min Pay Rate 7.25
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position requires strict confidentiality.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Quick Link https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/6641
Department Student Affairs Support Services
Contact Name Ashley Pirtle
Contact Phone 936-468-6299
Contact Email email@example.com
Contact Information Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview. If you have technical questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you eligible for Work Study?
* Have you been awarded and accepted a "Work-Study Permit" from the Financial Aid Office?
* Have you ever worked on Campus before?
* Are you available to work during the Summer?
Documents Needed To Apply
List of References