Chevron Corporation O&M Trainee - Lee College in Midland, Texas
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Operations and Maintenance Trainee through July 18th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a full time six month entry level "Training" position designed to develop and achieve demonstrated field operations competency required to assume the responsibility of operating and maintaining pneumatic and electronic equipment associated with electrical rotating and compression equipment as well as separation equipment utilized in Oil and Gas production, gathering, separation and extraction processes. Once competency is achieved the successful candidate will be promoted into either a Field or Specialist "B" position.
This position will be located near multiple locations including Rangely, CO; Hobbs, NM; Eunice, NM; Lovington, NM; Carlsbad, NM; Carthage, TX; Crane, TX; Fort Stockton, TX; Big Spring, TX; Sterling City, TX; Midland, TX; Odessa, TX; Andrews, TX; Seminole, TX; Big Lake, TX; and Van, TX.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Managing Safe Work and Operational Excellence Management System.
· Attend specialized training designed to develop the competency to operate, maintain and monitor current production process, rotating and compression equipment.
· Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
· Develop the competencies to obtain the ability to deliver adherence to Chevron's Operational Excellence, quality standard operating procedures (QSOP) and regulatory requirements.
· This position requires driving on a routine basis
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associates of Applied Science technology degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in Petroleum, Process, Natural Gas Compression, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical, Industrial Maintenance, or Mechanical Discipline within the last two years; If not graduated, must be in last semester of degree plan and must submit final proof of transcripts;
· Military rank of E4 or higher and discharged from the military within the last 2 years with Military Occupational Specialty in: Instrumentation, Electrical, Process Ops, Mechanical, or related disciplines.
· 2+ years of previous oil and gas production operations or process experience.
· Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and process related issues.
· Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation.
· Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new software applications.
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.