LifeWell Senior Living Health and Wellness Nurse in Leander, Texas
This is a part time position, weekends only 16 hours per week. Saturday 8hr's, Sunday 8hr's.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Health and Wellness Nurse is responsible for resident care in the assisted living and memory care community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Health and Wellness Director must exhibit the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Synthesize complex and diverse information; collect and objectively weigh data; use experience, intuition, and critical thinking to complement data; and design effective processes and workflows.
- Results Orientation: Assist the Community in achieving or exceeding identified strategic goals in resident service excellence, internal systems and processes, learning and growth initiatives, and financial health.
- Leadership: Inspire the trust of others; balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, contribute to holding each other accountable and building a positive team spirit; put the success of team above own interests.
- Integrity and Ethics: Treat people with respect and individuality regardless of their status or the situation; do what you say; be fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of company resources; actively contribute toward employees’ success and the Community’s goals; uphold organizational values.
- Dependability: Maintain work behavior that invites trust and reliance; role model positive attendance and punctuality standards; ensure work responsibilities are completed correctly and are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
- Professionalism: Uphold high works standards that reflect the company’s purpose and goals; accept responsibility for own actions; react to challenges positively and calmly; provide leadership in maintaining highest technical and customer service standards for the benefit of the residents served.
- Innovation: Meet challenges with creativity and resourcefulness; remain open to change, others ideas, and trying new things; generate suggestions for improving work processes, services and products.
- Oral Communication: Speak persuasively, with intention and thought, in both positive and negative situations; fully listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings without dominating others.
- Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively; read and interpret written information; ensure adequate, effective communication with all team members to maintain company values, goals, and culture.
Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; monitor and self-correct own work processes and outcomes; apply feedback from others to improve performance. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates support of the corporate mission (by actions and attitude), policies and procedures and assures consistent compliance within the memory care program
- Facilitates appropriate upward and downward communication.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to appropriate manager.
- Communicates positively with residents, families, and community professionals regarding the community and its benefits.
- Implements corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Health and Wellness Program
- Participates in pre-admission screenings of prospective new residents.
- Responsible for completing resident evaluations and service plans
- Responsible for participating in resident/family care plan meetings and updating the service plan as necessary
Participates in direct care of resident as needed QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum one (1) years’ experience as a nurse preferred.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs, including background in EMR.
- Ability to work with and supervise others as an effective team builder and team player.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, set priorities, organize work, and make independent decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, both verbal and written.
- Subject to criminal background check and drug screening.
- Holds current unencumbered license in the state of employed as a LVN
Holds current CPR certification WORKING CONDITIONS:
Able to work full time with some weekend work
- On-Call per manager schedule.
- This position is paid a salary intended to cover all hours worked during the week, knowing those hours may sometimes exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week and may fluctuate from week to week.