Air National Guard Units AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC in Kelly AFB, Texas
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This position is part of the TX 149th Fighter Wing, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, and is located in San Antonio, Kelly AFB, Texas. The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, repair, install, modify, test and adjust aircraft ordnance systems, equipment and components.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
Learn more about this agency
As a with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Operates, analyzes performance, troubleshoots, inspects, installs, maintains, overhauls, repairs and modifies operational ordnance system(s) and subsystems consisting of numerous complex electronic components in fighter aircraft.
- Analyzes performance and isolate malfunctions to individual subsystems and or components of bombing/navigation, fire-control/weapons delivery, weapons multi sensory displays and external electro-mechanical weapons systems, electro-optical targeting pod/weapon interfaces, R/F electronic countermeasures systems, target radar tracking and missile tracking radar.
- Removes, repairs, installs, inspects and conducts operational performance checkout of aircraft ordnance and isolates malfunctions and identifies if failures are in specific LRU's, aircraft weapons, avionics multiplex data bus matrix assemblies, or aircraft digital data wiring.
- Loads/unloads, positions and safeties air munitions using applicable technical data and handling equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link: WG-6652-11, NGD1736P01
- #### Job family (Series)
6652 Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
Appointment Factor(s):This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard and individual's eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard. Remarks:
- Selected candidate must have or be able to secure and maintain a secret clearance within 12 months of appointment.
- May be required to work shifts.
- This announcement is open for one year or until filled, whichever comes first. Applicants will be reviewed and referred (as applicable) to the selecting supervisor after 30 days.
- Applicants will be referred to selecting supervisor(s) approximately every two weeks. Applications received after referrals have been made will be considered for the next referral period and so on throughout the life of the announcement.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Texas Air National Guard Membership is required.
- Direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period. MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
Military Grades: Enlisted: E-4/SRA through E-6/TSgt
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC: 2W151 or 2W171
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMD): Must have AFSC to apply or be considered; applicant must be Duty AFSC assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
**To be considered for qualification, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting the following:
To qualify at the WG-11*grade level, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting *18 months experience or training in planning and layout of repair sequence and ability to complete modification, repair and installation of ordnance systems. Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions and determining remedy where complex relationships exist. Experience in hand tools and a limited number of measuring equipment. Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Experience in interpreting technical directions, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's specifications.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
Other supporting documents: If applicable, please submit your most recent SF-50.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10161347
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Human Resources Office
TX 149th Fighter Wing 107 Hensley St San Antonio, TX 78236 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498914100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/08/2018 to 05/07/2019
Pay scale & grade: WG 11
Salary: $23 to $26.84 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time