Verizon Dir-Cloud Platforms Engineering in Irving, Texas
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Global Technology Services owns the infrastructure and platforms that all Verizon IT employees use to design, collaborate and build great customer experiences. We are looking for an experienced engineering director to accelerate the transformation of Enterprise IT Cloud services to public cloud-based platforms and services.
You and your team of software development, platform, and systems engineers will work with internal Verizon product teams to evaluate, develop and operationalize develop enterprise scale platforms that give enterprise IT teams the ability to innovate and deliver products and services to our millions of retail customers, 161k employees generating $B's in revenue. You will influence our product and service roadmaps and build new platform services on top of open source and partner software to meet our scalable development needs.
You and your team will be at the forefront of defining the forward looking developer experience and software engineering platforms including our DevOps toolchains, API platforms and PaaS and container solutions
The ideal candidate is a builder who is well versed in Cloud architecture and technology, proven record of building scalable services using public cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS). The candidate will a track record of leading and growing high performing engineering teams. They will need to carefully balance the talented current team with the need to attract, hire and develop talented customer-obsessed engineers and managers.
What we’re looking for...
• 10+ years of experience managing IT product, engineering and operations teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline
• 5+ years of managing product releases in fast paced development
• Deep experience in Enterprise IT Architecture, IT Security, Enterprise Networking, Systems Operations, and End User Support
• Proven track record of building, shipping and operating tools to enhance developer and customer experience
• Experience with Python, Scripting, and continuous integration in, Jenkins, Git and build release tools.
• Experience with the state of the art on developer platforms including CloudFoundry, Kubernetes
• Experience with DevOps toolchains including the Atlassian toolset, Jenkins, Aritfactory and Ansible
• Experience with full development life cycle for large-scale software products including extensive experience with service oriented architectures, design patterns, web services, web applications/services development, and interoperability
• Ability to quantify the value and performance of software products and services and demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results
• Excellent written communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables
• Built and managed infrastructure-as-a-service
• Developed new products or services using AWS infrastructure services
• Delivered automated software and service quality assurance
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.