CDM Smith Transportation Engineer 4 in Houston, Texas
Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection group assists in all levels of federal, public, private and international organizations by offering planning, design, and construction services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management, best-in-class design-build expertise, and unparalleled sustainability and economic solutions, build partnerships and create solutions for current and future transportation, environmental and infrastructure challenges. CDM Smith’s CEI Team in Houston Texas is seeking a Civil Engineer to contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
• Planning, scheduling, conducting, or coordinating detailed phases of work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope
• Devising new approaches to problems encountered
• Coordinating various technical aspects of work
• Receiving technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects
• Acting as a mentor for lower level employees
• Assisting with supervision of CEI inspection staff who are assisting on assigned work
• Participating to a limited degree in new business development
• Establishing and monitoring budgets to assess profitability
Transportation Engineer 4
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Education: Bachelor's degree in civil, transportation, or structural engineering.
Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable.
Experience: 5 years of related experience.
Travel: Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Experience with TXDOT policy and procedures or other DOT experience is a plus
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Houston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
- CDM Smith Jobs