YMCA of Greater Houston Sports Assistant I Langham Creek YMCA in Houston, Texas
Assists with the delivery of a specific YMCA program to the membership and community that focuses on youth development and healthy living. Works under general supervision by following standard practices and procedures.
- Promotes and incorporates the YMCA five core values and character development model into all program activities..
- Works Saturday leagues and clinics throughout the year.
- Creates a cohesive playing environment for participants as well as coaches.
- Prepares playing field and equipment prior to practices and games and properly secures playing fields and equipment following the events. Reports equipment problems promptly. Assists with practices when needed.
- Works with supervisor to maintain and increase program quality and participation including program activity development.
- Communicates with parents on future league registrations, rules, clinics and camps.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
1. Minimum age of 16 years.
2. Child Abuse Prevention, Universal Precautions, Workplace Harassment and Information Security Awareness online trainings prior to first work shift; ASHI CPR/Oxygen Administration, Basic First Aid and AED certifications within 30 days of hire.
3. Previous experience working with children in a sports setting preferred.
4. Previous experience with diverse populations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Posting ID 83260003000
Job Category Sports