Fortive Corporation Service Technician Associate in Houston, Texas
Service Technician Associate
The people at Industrial Scientific are committed to ending death on the job by the year 2050, and we need more help. We hire smart, motivated people, give them world-class tools in a supportive environment, and we let them do their job. Our team is highly engaged, creates quality solutions and delivers outstanding customer service. Our leaders understand the critical elements of breakthrough performance: bringing out the best in people; creating a climate of trust, openness and high performance; fostering candor; and treating people fairly and with dignity.
The Service Technician Associate will be responsible for accurately diagnosing, repairing, and testing internally owned gas detection equipment in a timely manner, with the highest quality, and in accordance with ISC policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Diagnoses and repairs gas detection equipment in a timely manner with a focus on quality
• Follows Service Department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Communicates process or product issues as necessary
• Proactively seeks continuous improvement of Service Department processes (Kaizen)
• Maintains a clean, safe, and functional work area (6-S)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (Non-Negotiable):
• Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent experience
• Basic computer and typing skills
• Good communication skills
• Basic soldering skills
• Mechanical assembly skills
• Very organized and capable of performing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Troubleshooting skills
QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED (Negotiable):
• Basic knowledge of ISC Support Systems (iNet Systems, Salesforce.com)
• Experience in repairing surface mount PCBs
• Ability to use standard measuring tools and electronic diagnostic equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot to a component level
• Experience providing excellent customer service
• Knowledge of toxic and explosive gas monitoring
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of Professional Instrumentation and Industrial Technologies businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With 2017 revenues of $6.7 billion, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 26,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 50 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-TX-Houston
Organization: Industrial Scientific Corporation
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Req ID: IND000020