Oceaneering Sales Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position will serve as the technical architect to ensure that proposed engineering solutions for communications/OMV projects meet customer needs, are within the organization’s capability to provide, and that project deliverables are realistic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead customer consultation activities and/or provide relevant sales and technical support throughout the preparation of tenders or proposals.
- Serve as the technical contact for customers and vendors during the bid preparation process.¿
- Provide technical design of services to meet customer requirements during the bid or quote preparation stages. Products team and other relevant teams to support as necessary.¿
- Participate in customer teams during the full presale stages, e.g. participating in meetings with customer in early stages of the customer relationship with a strong focus on customer needs.
- Analyze and, based on customer input, provide a solution that meets their needs and requirements ¿.
- Participate and lead, where applicable, briefings with distributors, end customers and internal staff.
- Prepare cost and bill of materials to the sales team.¿
- Write technical proposal and submission documents in response to RFP and Tender.
- Review and vet written proposals prepared by others in the pre-sales function.
- Maintain appropriate records pertaining to projects, customers, enquiries and other activities.¿
- Minimum Bachelor degree or 5 years’ experience in Telecom, Electronics, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Cisco network products.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with designing various VSAT solutions.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in product management.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in design and specifactaion of telecommunications services.
- Experience preparing techincal designs for customer evaluation.
- Experience presenting techincal solutions to executive level personnel.
- Previous experience in RFP bid process in excess of $5 million dollar value.
- Practical experience working and liaising with technical and non-technical staff across all levels, both internal and external in an Engineering/Telecommunications or IT/IP capacity ¿.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13850
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time