Schlumberger Rig Manager in Houston, Texas
Location: Houston - United States
The Rig Manager manages the Company’s interests at the rig site in respect to QHSE, the customers, the implementation of the well program, reporting and all personnel on the rig. Assists the Rig Superintendent to manage the rig as an independent, safe, profit center whilst delivering first class QHSE performance and drilling services to the customers. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Has the authority and the responsibility to make decisions with respect to the Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment of the rig and all personnel at the rig site and request assistance as and when it may be necessary.
- Conduct weekly, pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all members of the Rig.
- Is always fully compliant and ensure Rig is compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards and guidelines.
- Supervise all activities to ensure the rig's structural integrity is maintained, using the Management of Change procedure whenever required.
- Approve and maintain the Rig Emergency Plan.
- Provide positive leadership to the rig crew acting as a mentor.
- Train and evaluate the rig crew.
- Ensure that all risks are properly assessed and mitigated.
- Ensure that all applicable QHSE policies are communicated to, understood and followed by all personnel at the rig site.
- Liaise with the customer’s representative at the rig site to implement the well program in an efficient manner compliant with all applicable QHSE policies and regulations.
- Plan, organize and manage all daily rig operations including, but not limited to, drilling, well testing, work-over, well control, rig-down, rig move and rig up.
- Supervise all key and/or critical operations and ensure that all non-critical operations are properly planned and supervised.
- Verify and sign-off all authorizations to rig up third party equipment.
- Verify the QHSE compliance of the work-site before signing-off any Permits to Work.
- Direct the application of the planned and preventive maintenance programs.
- Keep equipment and systems operational by setting priorities on equipment repairs.
- Monitor rig equipment and systems usage and ensure that operational parameters and limits are observed.
- Supervise the testing and checking of equipment and systems.
- Supervise activities to ensure the rig's structural integrity is maintained, using the Management of Change procedure whenever required.
- Plan work for the rig crew.
- Evaluate the performance of the rig supervisors and give constructive feedback.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with customers' representatives.
Qualifications and Experience :
- At least six years previous experience in rig operations with a minimum of two years’ experience as a Tour Pusher and Rig Manager.
- Has completed training as per Company requirement for the position.
- Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the Competency Catalog.
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients both written and verbally.
- Land Rig experience
- Valid IWCF certification
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.