MD Anderson Cancer Center Research Interviewer - Epidemiology in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of the Research Interviewer provides data collection,administrative, or managerial support in carrying out various research projects. Performs duties in accordance with general and/or specific plans within the department of Epidemiology.
*This is part -time 20 hours a week benefits eligible position *
1. Research Related Activities:
* Identify and recruit eligible patients for collaborative studies.
Responsible for contacting participants to establish date and time of interview.
Utilize different institutional databases to obtain and verify patients' information including, but not limited to protocol information from PDMS and clinic databases.
Interviews conducted by research interviewers who are trained in human subject's research, including informed consent process.
Responsible for learning procedure for consenting participants and be compliant with HIPAA regulations.
Responsible for biological sample collection and delivery of all samples to laboratory for processing.
Assist with processing and banking of biological samples.
Provides functions related to carrying out various research projects with general and/or specific plans within the Department of Epidemiology.
2 . DATA COLLECTION:
* Utilize different institutional databases to obtain and verify patients' information including, but not limited to protocol information from PDMS and clinic databases. Enters and maintains information in computer database via keyboard and/or by writing by hand in study booklets.
3. TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
* Must be able to use a writing instrument, speak in a clear, pleasant, and understandable manner and have interpersonal skills to interact with participants in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required: Two years of related experience. May substitute required experience with completed years of college on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html