HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room in Houston, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as aRegistered Nursein theEmergency Room.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West – Houston, TX Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service hospital with 266 license beds that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman’s Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
What you will do in this role:
* Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable patients.
* Facilitates communication with patients, physicians, guests, and co-workers as appropriate to position.
* Protects confidentiality of patients/coworkers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
* Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self-interest. * Demonstrates interpersonal competencies such as problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict management to improve team work.
* Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to position.
* Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
* Consistently responds to requests in a timely manner. * Ensures that all required diagnostic and therapeutic interventions are completed in a timely manner and documented.
* Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
* Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing staff.
* Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services.
What qualifications you will need:
* Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred.
* Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
* Previous experience in emergency nursing preferred with at least one year of experience on a Medical-Surgical Nursing Unit;
* Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) preferred. * American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification * American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification * American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification * Current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) * Current National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification (NIH) Stroke Scale * NIMs 100 and 700 training required or must obtain within 90 days of employment HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
*If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today! *
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Location: Texas-Houston-HCA Houston West
Requisition ID: 00417-120882