Exterran Production Control Specialist in Houston, Texas
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the detailed planning and schedule accuracy for all assigned locations/areas. Developing, improving, and documenting processes and tools to ensure consistency across the Manufacturing Organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with all functional leaders to ensure that processes are efficiently designed to meet the customer’s outcomes.
· Provides problem solving support to the Continuous Improvement / Oracle development teams.
· Participate in and lead continuous improvement projects.
· Ensures that project goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
· Participates in generation of shop monthly build plan and ensure the execution of the plan through the area managers and sourcing department.
· Identify needed labor and ensure that necessary effort is applied in bottle neck areas to ensure smooth flow of materials to meet the job promising date.
· Review WIP released, material availability and ensure needed start material is available to meet planned shop schedule.
· Coordinate activities that ensures production and material flow through shop operations in support of the production plan.
· Anticipate flow path problems/constraints, capacity limitations, provide and implement resolutions.
· Analyze weekly shop job dispatch requirement and implement any required actions that will protect the integrity of the production schedule.
· Identify the need to outsource any job and facilitate the activity through sourcing department after approval.
· Coordinate resolution of material shortages or delays with the sourcing department.
· Provide shop status updates to the stake holders
· Participate in production rescheduling and modification of production operations.
· Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
· Coordinate with Engineering and documentation to ensure that all documents are ready before job start day
Required Skills or Tools:
· Organized and able to manage multiple changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interface with personnel at all levels throughout the business.
· Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, and possess excellent organizational skills.
· Must be able to work under pressure.
· Proficient with MRP tools and Excel.
· ORACLE, Oracle ASAP, and P6 scheduling experience a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, business or engineering degree preferred.
· APICs certification a plus
· Must be able to work in an often times fast paced atmosphere under pressure
· Occasional overtime will be required
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.