Comcast Permit Coordinator (NGAN) in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1
Military experience welcomed!
Responsible for preparing permit submittal packages, as well as coordinating their efficient submittal and retrieval at a variety of local jurisdictions. This position is responsible for tracking all pending permits through the review process while effectively communicating the status of each permit. The Permit Coordinator will interact with jurisdictional employees and work to resolve any redline issues and communicate any upcoming requirement changes, while insuring County, City and all other applicable agencies’ Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports on project status.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Submit permit packages via online systems, fax, or in person, if necessary
- Pick up completed permit packages
- Communicate with jurisdictional employees to understand any changes in permitting requirements
- Track jurisdiction specific requirements and provide that information to the team
- Work with local jurisdictions to move toward ideal permitting conditions
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Experience with construction permitting is preferred
- Exposure to CATV design and installation processes is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer