The Life Property Management Make-Ready Technician in Houston, Texas
Are you experienced with completing make-readies within the multi-family industry? Do you want to work for a company that provides you with a career path? Are you the type that likes working with your hands? Do you have experience with sheetrock work, flooring, plumbing, electrical work, etc? Do you want to work for a company that prides itself on company culture and fostering a fun work environment? If you said yes to these questions, then we want you!
Who are we? The Life Properties is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, owning, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. Growing at a rapid pace, The Life Properties manages more than $500 Million in assets, owns 6,000+ apartment homes, and provides a unique housing experience to more than 10,000 residents. We are a team of experts in our field who have strong personal values and standards, are ambitious, and are hard-working.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What you will do: The Make-ready technician works under the direction of the Lead Maintenance Technician, ensuring that all vacant units are move-in ready and assisting with ground/pool maintenance. You will be responsible for embodying and working to reinforce The Life Properties’ Core Values.
What your day to day will look like:
• Prepare vacant units in a timely manner, updating supervisor as work is completed.
• Make necessary repairs/replacements for unit (i.e. flooring, hardware, appliances, light fixtures, doors, walls, baseboards, ceilings, windows, screens, cabinets, carpet/tile, filters, etc.).
• Apply touch-up paint as needed to unit and outside entrances
• Clean out all trash from unit before, during and after make-ready is complete
• Notify supervisor of any major repairs or issues
• Assist in maintenance of grounds, notifying supervisor of any major repairs or potential liabilities
What you will need to succeed:
• HS diploma or equivalent
• At least one year of multi-family make-ready or residential construction experience preferred
• Experience with sheetrock work, flooring, light carpentry, painting, etc. a plus
• Time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
• Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
• While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.
Job ID: 2020-1191
External Company URL: https://www.thelifeproperties.com/
Street: 131 Aldine Bender Road