HARRIS COUNTY Database Analyst, Sr. Programmer – PBT in Houston, Texas
Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Sr. Database Programmer/Analyst provides database development, administration, support, and technical assistance for employees of Harris County Public Health.
Duties and Responsibilities: Database Programming
- Provides database design, modeling, development, support, and administration using Insight, Microsoft SQL, and other databases as required.
- Gathers, analyzes, and normalizes relevant information related to and from business processes, functions, and operations to evaluate data credibility and determine relevance and meaning.
System Analyzation/ GIS Administration
- Assists in the analysis and evaluation of departmental automation needs.
- Helps design, manage, and configure database systems as required to promote planned growth and development of Departmental automation systems using standardized applications and programming tools.
- Designs and develops departmental reports using advanced tools, such as Crystal Reports and SRS.
- Maintains documentation for Departmental applications and databases.
- Assists technicians in software support and programming as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field; _and_
- Three (3) years of related experience in database design, development, administration, and program development.
- One (1) year of experience in designing and developing databases in Access, MS SQL, and other environments.
- One (1) year of experience in the development of applications in Visual Basic and web development tools.
- Must have computer-related skills commensurate with education and work experience to include database design, development, administration, and program development.
- Proven experience in diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair skills.
- Ability and willingness to work with a broad spectrum of users ranging from beginner to advanced.
- Skills and abilities to teach and demonstrate technical concepts in an understandable manner.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but _we do not use _any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration. Preferences
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator Certification for SQL 2008.
- Experience creating a data warehouse using SQL Server Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS) and development aspects in SQL Server in an enterprise environment. General Information
- 40 Hours per Week
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Additional Information – Core Competencies: Organizational Leadership
- Understands the organizational mission
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust
Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others Collaboration
Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group
Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs Innovation
Ability to adapt to change Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
Uses sound judgement
Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity Communication
Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Written and verbal English competency
- Able to read and follow directions
*Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date. *
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Public Health Services
Job Number: 05402
Closing: 7/29/2020 11:56 AM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002