General Electric Commercial & Channel Communications Manager in Houston, Texas
Reporting to the Global Commercial Communications Director, the Commercial and Channel Communications Manager will also support integrated communications programs and activities tied to key commercial growth drivers for BHGE. These growth drivers include channel partners (or approved distributors of BHGE products and services), BHGE’s new “Fullstream Operations” unit, key accounts and targeted commercial initiatives, such as new market entry or new product/service introduction.
• Advise BHGE commercial leaders on contemporary communications techniques to drive commercial activity
• Act as a Communications point-of-contact for global key account leaders, offering communications support for targeted customer activity
• Build and manage a proactive channel partner communications program aimed at driving commercial intensity, increasing sales and expanding the BHGE channel partner portfolio
• Develop and roll out channel communications best practices, processes and standard content for use by the broader communications team with BHGE channel managers and external partners; also create direct-to-channel communications to generate awareness of key BHGE initiatives
• Partner with business communicators to develop and manage content on channel partner enablement platforms
• Support the “Fullstream Operations” organization with internal, external and marketing communications strategy and execution to drive growth
• Support execution of communications plans and activities tied to BHGE commercial priorities and initiatives that extend beyond those listed above.
• Measures ROI for all activities to ensure that resources are being used efficiently and productively
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in communications or marketing
• Minimum of 10 years in communications or marketing in an international environment; sales/commercial experience is a plus
• Experience using innovative customer outreach and communications tools and techniques
• Demonstrated project management experience, with the capability to self-direct and execute
• Proven ability to effectively interact and influence in line with objectives at all levels of an organization
• Adept at influsencing others managing the expectations of multiple stakeholders in a business.
• Copes well working on multiple tasks, sometimes with conflicting deadlines and under pressure
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• A confident, proactive self-starter
• Approaches communication plans with a creative and analytical mind
• Understanding of measurement and evaluation
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.