TD Industries Inc Business Development Manager in Houston, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our Houston Construction Team is seeking a proven Business Development Manager to join our growing team. Interested? We invite you to apply!
Job Summary: Performs business development and marketing activities including planning and strategy for a specifically assigned client/customer or market segment. Position is highly visible to potential customers and requires the ability to influence/persuade. Locates business opportunities with new and existing customers by building long-term business relationships with key decision makers. Quality of effort greatly impacts corporate image and revenue stream. Develops and facilitates the proposal process for specific clients including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations. Depending on level of responsibilities, will report to a senior business leader at the division level or higher. Performs ancillary duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on priorities, prepares and executes business development action plans for specific customer/market targets.
- Leads the development of presentations to clients on specific project proposals.
- Manages the development of proposals for specified clients and customers.
- Communicates the outcome of presentations and relays the specifics of client expectations and other considerations that will influence/impact contract performance.
- Attends relevant trade shows and other educational and customer oriented conferences.
- Responsible for ensuring customer data entered into the CRM system.
- Must understand the general construction industry and mechanical/plumbing systems.
- Must create sales opportunities such as cold calls, customer contact lists, industry associations, networking events including the follow up process.
- Needs to understand market dynamics and customer goals for proactive approach to opportunities to maximize success rate.
- Must have working knowledge of company capabilities and capacity and can align targeted opportunities.
- Should comply with all established process and procedures for the pursuit activity.
- Works with Lean principles to eliminate waste. Acts on input to continuously improve by perfecting existing processes and implementing new ones.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong relationship building ability.
- Must perform as a self-managed and self-starting individual.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Sets the example relative to maturity, attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate and control the work process.
- Gets things done by practicing excellent prioritization and making good decisions on where to focus attention.
- Ability to work effectively with TD’s customer base.
- Understands and models TD’s Core Values
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to plan, both short term and long term.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong negotiation skills
- Should be able to network with internal and external customers.
- Ability to acquire understanding & absorb information rapidly.
- Consistent logic, rational & objective in decision-making.
- Copes effectively with complexity and change. Handles ambiguity and uncertainty well.
- Professional in demeanor. Creates favorable first impression – body language, eye contact, posture, etc.
- Writes clear, precise, well-organized documents using appropriate vocabulary, grammar & word usage. Effectively and timely communicates up, down, and across the organization.
- Demonstrates ability to organize & run effective meetings.
- Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success.
- Fluent, quick on feet, command of language. Uses language appropriate to getting the point across tactfully and diplomatically so as not to alienate or belittle.
- Must have strong skills in all the cycles of the sales process, including the close.
Education and Experience:
- One (1) to five (5) years’ experience in commercial mechanical contracting working as a project manager, sales or similar function.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Construction Sciences or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- A strong understanding of commercial mechanical and plumbing systems is desired.
- Ability to work the schedule required by job demands.
- Good written, oral communications and polished presentation skills.
- Able to interpret contractual documents, plans, specifications, schematic diagrams and isometric drawings.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office suite and CRM programs.
- Understands financial models used in fixed price, cost plus and unit rate/price contracting.
This description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status
Location: Houston, TX