HARRIS COUNTY Bus Driver in Houston, Texas
Drives vehicles to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule by performing the following duties:
- Responsible for the safety and security of all passengers to and from their destination.
- Acts as liaison between passengers and the Commissioner/ Senior Adult Program of Precinct 4, as well as between other County departments.
- Communicates with passengers and assists with boarding and de-boarding the vehicle and loads/ unloads any baggage and/or necessary equipment.
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passengers comfort.
- Complies with all traffic laws, maintains safe driving speeds and safe operation of the vehicle during all types of conditions.
- Reports delays and/or accidents.
- Reports any vehicle damage, mechanical, or electrical problems.
- Reports any action taken to correct the problem.
- Reports to work prior to trip to prepare for that days' trip.
- Preparation includes inspecting the vehicle's operable condition and completing the Driver's Trip Report.
- Becomes familiar with the trip location (s) and / or read any necessary maps.
- Reports pick-up point to receive passengers 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Responsible for returning the vehicle in a clean and operable condition upon return, refuel the vehicle, remove any trash, and prepare vehicle for the next trip.
- Washing, sweeping and mopping of the vehicle is required.
- Refrains from smoking and chewing (gum or tobacco) while driving Precinct 4 vehicles.
- Records information and completes paper work for daily trips.
- Submits receipts for driver's meal/ expenses to the trip coordinator upon completion of each trip.
- When required, report to Central office/ Transportation to perform minor clerical duties and assist in office
- Other duties may be assigned. Requirements
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) "Class B" passenger (P) endorsement; reliable transportation and a good, safe driving record.
A friendly, accommodating and positive attitude is required at all times. Environmental and Physical Requirements:
Physical ability to perform job duties, including: standing; walking and sitting. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in inclement weather, confined spaces and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.*
Central Office, Houston 77067 HOURS:
40 hours per week
(must be available to work nights and weekends) SALARY:
Based on 26 Pay Periods
_Harris County Precinct 4 strives to maintain a drug and alcohol free environment in the workplace. All new employees are required to pass a drug and alcohol-screening test and may be subject to random testing as a condition of continued employment.
Requires a post-offer criminal history background check._
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Commissioner Precinct 4
Job Number: 03066
Closing: 6/30/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002