YMCA of Greater Houston Bilingual Casework Manager in Houston, Texas
YMCA International Services is a unique branch of the YMCA of Greater Houston and seeks to meet the needs of Houston’s significant refugee and immigrant communities. We provide comprehensive programs that focus on building human assets and fostering self-sufficiency. As an RCA Compliance Clerk, you will play an integral role in helping those seeking benefits to access to their benefits in a prompt and courteous manner. Costumer service is invaluable tool to us and the service that we provide
Pay: $16.35 per hour - Full time exempt position
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am–5 pm
- Housing (Responsible for developing a plan for securing safe and sanitary housing according to R&P Coop. Agreement with the assistance of Program Coordinator and Program Director.
- Ensure that all core services are provided in a timely manner.
- Initial Community Orientation.
- Assist client in accessing Food Stamp/Refugee Medical Assistance Programs.
- Develop Self-sufficiency plan.
- Provide referral and verify attendance to English as a Second Language Classes.
- Social Security Cards.
- Initial medical screening.
- Counseling and emergency services.
- Referrals to other social service providers.
- Enrollment in Match Grant or Refugee Cash Assistance.
- Enrollment of children in school.
- Transportation, translation and interpretation for RP MG and RCA clients.
- Maintain Case Files as required by R&P/MG/RCA Guidelines.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Airport pickup when deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Solicit and document in-kind goods and services.
- Case Manager is ultimately responsible for all of the cases assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Case Manager is directly responsible for up to 150 clients per year.
- Case Managers are responsible for core services being completed within 30 days.
- Case Managers are responsible for timely enrollment into Cash Assistance programs (RCA and MG)
- Case Managers are responsible for self sufficiency outcomes for all assigned clients
- Case Managers are responsible for follow-up of clients for up to 180 days.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- College degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, automobile liability insurance, and a vehicle.
- Preference will be given to applicants that speak relevant refugee language.(Spanish, Burmese, swahili, Pashto).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Posting ID 85647971245
Job Category International & Community Services