YMCA of Greater Houston After School Site Lead II-Willson Montessori-HISD in Houston, Texas
Provides direction for the program and staff and implements school age enrichment program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans to “help kids excel after the bell”.
- Supervises the children, staff, program area and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conducts parent conferences, maintains communication with parents and engages parents as volunteers.
- Facilitates both formal and informal play within the center and outdoors.
- Maintains the program site and equipment, assists with the set-up and breakdown of activity centers and cleaning of the program area.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Maintains required program records.
- Acts as a role model to the children and staff by exemplifying the YMCA’s five core values.
- Makes sound decisions in alignment with YMCA and state standards.
- Maintains positive relations with children, parents, school personnel, and other staff.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follows mandated abuse and incident reporting requirements.
- Ensures youth are properly signed in and signed out, ensures only authorized adults are allowed in the facility, etc. Adheres to policies related to boundaries with each child.
- Ensures unused rooms and closets remain locked; routinely monitors high-risk locations (bathrooms), etc.
- At least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of 70 clock hours of training in child or youth development, recreational leadership or management. Two (2) college courses are equivalent to 100 clock hours. Minimum Standard #744.1017.
- At least 2 years experience working with youth at a licensed facility, church, school or equivalent.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention trainings.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Previous experience supervising others preferred.
- Current record of tuberculosis examination and/or current local health department regulations, examinations, and/or immunization as required by the local or State Department of Health.
- Pass a local/state background and FBI fingerprinting check as well as independent drug test.
Part-time, typically Monday-Friday, 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm (end time may vary). Program runs concurrently with ISD calendar. Must be available to attend and participate in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff trainings. Details will be provided in advance.
The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Posting ID 84103770537
Job Category Child Care-Before/After School