HARRIS COUNTY ADA Manager in Houston, Texas
The ADA Manager manages and implements programmatic activities to follow Harris County's Settlement Agreement with the Department of Justice in regard to ADA compliance at polling places.
- Recruits, hires, and manages full-time, part-time, Election Day Surveyors (EDS) staff including ADA coordinator.
- Ensures that staff are trained on Title II and 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design; teams properly conduct physical accessibility surveys thru managing back-end office staff, staff test out ramps and other temporary remedies during the conduct of the physical accessibility surveys, ADA coordinator provides written report to the DOJ every 90 days of any complaints received, senior staff analyze data and create reports, staff properly inventory and store temporary remedies.
- Communicates via written and phone conversations with DOJ.
- Communicates with SME on regular basis, and vendors.
- Communicates with facilities, stakeholders and Commissioners Court aides staff.
- Attends surveyor training.
- Site visits to polling places.
- Creates budget and procure necessary resources.
- Submits checklists of temporary measures.
- Works with Purchasing and EAD internal departments.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- B.A/B.S. degree
- Three (3) years of Project Management experience.
- One (1) year of Managerial experience.
A valid Driver's License. Additional Requirements:
Thorough understanding of the Settlement Agreement; everything undertaken by the program is dictated by the requirements.
- Basic understanding of 2010 ADA Accessible Standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and guide staff in real-time.
- Ability to manage up to 30 staff efficiently.
- Ability to synthesize information and data quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and implement procedures.
- Ability to advocate for ADA staff and their needs to senior leadership.
NOTE: *To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but _we do not use *_any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
Houston, TX HOURS:
- Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
Overtime hours are required. SALARY:
$27.81 - $45.85/hr.
- Based on 26-Pay Periods
This job is mostly a sedentary job and operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones etc.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Salary: $27.81 - $45.85 Hourly
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Harris County Office of Elections Administrator
Job Number: 05910
Closing: 3/13/2021 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002