MD Anderson Cancer Center Accountant I - Leukemia in Houston, Texas
The department of Leukemia is are dedicated to quality patient care, innovative research, and developing more effective treatments for all types of leukemia. Clinical research conducted by our faculty and staff consistently translates into new leukemia therapies and advances overall knowledge of the disease.
The Accountant I manages the daily operation of a subsection of the accounting system which includes performing special assignments. Prepares detailed audit reports and cost reports.
Contract Status Review
• Review and assess the project original study contract and budget, all amendments and budget modifications and apply to payments received to determine billables, uninvoiced work and research patient care status for primary project and all other budgeted entities/investigators
• Determine and document payments from MDA and sponsor records to support the project review
• Contact Sponsor and/or CRO in above investigations; document payment details otherwise not available via MDA
• Reconcile PBS memo bills to research patient care tickets submitted; invoice sponsor/CRO for patients charges not reimbursed. Investigate EIW to verify charges credited to patient accounts.
• Research related records to ensure that the status review is thorough and accurate – verify with Contracts Manager, Finance Manager, Protocol Regulatory Manager and Data Management Supervisor before proceeding to next steps
Invoicing and Payments
• Collaborates with study managers, data managers and principal investigators in identifying payment milestones associated with clinical trial projects, identifies non-patient care research funded services, and develops budgets for private industry. Performs monthly audits of active contracts to monitor payment activity. Works with Leukemia data coordinators and research nurses to collect appropriate backup and prepares invoices. Forwards invoices to Grants and Contracts to obtain Lawson number, and proceeds to forward invoices to Sponsors.
• Systematically reviews projects for the submission of internal payment milestone invoices, or invoice-able charges which are not formally budgeted.
• Monitors Services with other departments such as Pathology, Radiology, CTRC as well as internal collaborators such as the Leukemia Clinical Research Services (LCRS) as it relates to the original study budget
Contract Close-Out Implementation
• Review payment distribution to ensure all payments adhere to the formal study budget – correct payment distribution errors in the formal close-out process
• Address encumbrances, fund deficits, open purchase orders, etc. and remove personnel salaries so that the project under review is ready for close-out
• Participate in the departmental protocol termination review process to ensure that the protocol is also ready for termination and/or final close-out SIV
• Initiate contract close-out process to include departmental and institutional reporting requirements – complete and submit close out documentation. Track outstanding close out requests on systematic and timely basis.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related.
Required: One year of experience required with degree in Business Administration or related field. With a degree in Accounting, no experience is required. May substitute required education degree with additional years of equivalent experience on a one to one basis.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
Employee Status: Regular
Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,400
Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 70,000