Shermco Industries NETA Electrical Testing Field Technician in Houston (Beltway South), Texas
NETA ELECTRICAL TESTING FIELD TECHNICIAN (Substation, Switchgear)
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing, engineering, & training. Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced Electrical Test Technicians (ETT) to work out of our Houston, TX Service Center). Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA and has one of the largest field services divisions in the industry.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Shermco is the largest and BEST independent electrical testing company in North America.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
- Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Field Service Test Technicians travel to customer sites (industrial & commercial) to inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (480 Volt to 600 kV) electrical systems.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- Must be able to drive daily locally/regionally, and be available for periodic overnight travel.
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power & Controls (EPC), or a EE Degree from an ABET accredited college, similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- NETA Certification (II, III or IV) or similar desired
- Must have at least 2 or more years of relevant experience performing switchgear testing & troubleshooting.
- Must have good PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must be able to stay Drug-Free; you will be required to pass a pre-employment hair follicle drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must have an acceptable pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be physically fit to to crawl, climb, stand, walk and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
- Must not currently or in the future require sponsorship to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be willing to travel; minimum 40%.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE* *
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
_NO AGENCIES PLEASE_
No Agencies Please. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.