Tyson Foods Sanitation Operator 3rd Shift in Haltom City, Texas
Sanitation Operator – Full-Time – Haltom City, TX 76117
This position starts at $15.30/hr. with a shift increase for third shift and overtime.
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world’s expectations for how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe environment for our team members. We offer great benefits, advancement opportunities, and steady work. This facility operates six days a week and produces Corn Dogs.
POSITION SUMMARY: Position is responsible for operating production machine equipment such as Blenders, Cookers, Fryers, Mixers, and Packing Machines and other equipment as assigned. Responsible for disassembling equipment for cleaning, sanitizing work areas and setting up equipment for inspection and start-up, while also adhering to food safety practices and company policies.
• Operate Cookers, Fryers, Mixers, Packing Machines, and/or other equipment as assigned.
• Inspect and monitor product
• Disassemble equipment for cleaning, sanitizing work areas and setting up equipment for inspection and start-up
• Breakdown and set-up equipment when needed
• Clean assigned equipment in safe and accurate manner using high pressure hoses
• Use chemical cleaners to foam and clean all areas of production
• Examine common machine parts and components for excessive wear
• Prepare equipment and machines for reassemble after completion of cleaning
• Ensure that all guards removed are properly replaced after cleaning
• Follow all necessary procedures to meet USDA and Quality Control Regulations
• Communicate/coordinate with other departments to ensure optimum, efficient utilization of non-running time to properly maintain company's equipment
• Properly wear personal protective equipment as required and provided by the company
• Wear appropriate uniform/clothing in accordance with GMP's/company standards
• Ensure safe and proper use of tools and equipment; ensures hand tools are free of defects
• Maintain neat and orderly work area, including proper storage/disposal of solvents, paints, and other cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies and company policy
• Position will require Lock Out Tag Out responsibilities for safe operation
• Candidate must be able to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification
• Candidate must be available to work overtime and weekends.
• Ability to push, pull, and carry up to 75 lbs. repeatedly
• Ability to stand on hard surface for up to 12 hours per day
• Must work in cold/hot temperatures ranging 45-75 degrees
• Repetitive bending, reaching, squatting, gripping, pushing and pulling
• Must be able to reach high and low levels, frequently
• Ability to climb step ladders and or stairs
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends
• Position will require Lock Out Tag Out certification
• Candidate must posses 6-month operator experience
3RD SHIFT (United States of America)
When completing a Tyson Foods employment application, be sure to complete all tasks listed on the candidate home page. If not, you will see a message that there are 1 or more task(s) that require attention. Applicants for hourly production positions must complete the task to provide additional information to be considered from employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here (https://www.tysonfoods.com/sites/default/files/2020-07/CCPA%20applicant%20notification.pdf) .
Our team members make the difference. If you are ready to grow your career with an industry leader and want to positively impact the team and community around you, then join us in helping us in raising expectations.Join us on the journey.
At Tyson, we are raising expectations for how much good people can do. Our Talent Strategy is to Attract, Grow, Reward and Retain the best talent, and we believe that our Culture is the connecting thread that drives that strategy!
We strive to be a talent magnet to establish a reputation for being a talent rich organization where team members can grow their career while growing the business.
We are a high performing organization where team members are rewarded (Pay, Benefits and Recognition) for their contributions, and given the opportunity to support and/or volunteer with programs that help Tyson make a lasting social impact in the communities where we live and work.
To learn more about our culture, please read Our Purpose (http://www.tysonfoods.com/who-we-are/our-story/purpose-values) .
Tyson Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to an impairment or disability, please contact (479) 290-5000 for further assistance.
- Tyson Foods Jobs